TEACHER NATURALIST (TN)
A Riveredge-trained teacher of environmental education programs for school age children and families. Through inquiry-based, hands-on discovery, a TN helps to develop within people an understanding of their relationship with and sense of responsibility for the environment
- Love of the environment
- Positive communication skills
- Desire to learn and to make a difference
- Interest in being with children from grades K – 8 and families with small children
- Willing to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to work outdoors, in a variety of seasons and weather conditions
- Able to lift 20 – 25 pounds
- Able to walk about 2 miles on uneven terrain
- No teaching experience needed
- Please note: a background check is required for this position
- This is an awesome learning opportunity! You will deepen and expand your knowledge base through attending TN Training Days and through observing and teaching programs to school groups. You will also learn to utilize the many resources available: staff, equipment, library, and sanctuary.
- Experience the exhilaration of helping young people discover new things about themselves and their environment.
- A special camaraderie develops as you share work with a diverse but like-minded group of adults.
- You get a psychological and physical breather from your “regular” life.
- Know that YOU are really making a difference!