SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR
Encourage children to enjoy and understand the wonders of nature, and serve as a role models during the summer camps at Riveredge!
A full-day training session held in mid June prior to the start of summer camps.
- Serve as a positive role model to campers.
- Prepare the day’s equipment.
- Check-in the campers on the first day and organize “ice breakers.”
- Plan game period after lunch, focusing on cooperative style games.
- Read the lunchtime story.
- Watch the campers before, after, and during camp.
- Work as a partner with staff to develop fun, educational activities.
- Work with small groups of campers during activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Have fun!
- Enjoy working with children
- Be able to demonstrate a respect for nature
- Able to serve as a positive role model for campers
- Able to provide dependable and responsible support for staff and campers
One or two weeks during the summer up to 9 weeks. We also have volunteer openings for our Summer Day Adventures and Adventure programming throughout the summer with 2-8 hour time commitments.
- Make friends.
- Work in the out-of-doors.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Gain experiences that can be applied to future employment.