The mission of the Habitat Healer program is to preserve and improve the health and biodiversity of Riveredge Nature Center’s natural sanctuary.
GOALS OF THE PROJECT
- Provide a group learning environment that fosters Habitat Healers individual growth and the sharing of interests among its members;
- Helping others, through sanctuary preservation, research, and stewardship, to understand the interconnections of all living things;
- Serving as a regional resource for teaching effective stewardship methods by integrating elements of experimental design and analysis into Habitat Healer activities.
We have traditional Habitat Healer workdays every Tuesday from 9 a.m. to Noon as well as customized programs for health & wellness, team building, and traditional employee volunteer days.
- Monitoring species location and abundance.
- Assessing population health.
- Identifying current and potential threats to sanctuary biodiversity.
- Researching and recommending strategies to reduce or eliminate potential threats.