Calling all volunteers! Looking for the best summer fun out there? Interested in having a blast everyday while also make a huge difference kids’ lives? Come join our fleet of summer camp volunteers and have a great time (if you need any encouragement, just check out our summer camp pictures)! Youth and adults are encouraged to apply.
Encourage children to enjoy and understand the wonders of nature, and serve as a role models during the summer camps at Riveredge! A full-day training session held in mid June prior to the start of summer camps.
- Serve as a positive role model to campers.
- Prepare the day’s equipment.
- Check-in the campers on the first day and organize “ice breakers.”
- Plan game period after lunch, focusing on cooperative style games.
- Read the lunchtime story.
- Watch the campers before, after, and during camp.
- Work as a partner with staff to develop fun, educational activities.
- Work with small groups of campers during activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Have fun!
- Enjoy working with children
- Be able to demonstrate a respect for nature
- Serve as a positive role model for campers
- Provide dependable responsible support for staff and campers
One or two weeks during the summer.
- Make friends.
- Work in the out-of-doors.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Gain experiences that can be applied to future employment.
- Have LOTS of fun!
Complete the camp counselor application form on our summer camp volunteer webpage.