Brush up on your cajun and float on down to the banks of the Milwaukee River for this year’s Farm to Table Dinner at Riveredge Nature Center! Possibly as rambunctious as a night in the French Quarter, this annual fundraiser provides critical support for environmental education and land restoration in southeastern Wisconsin. This year, your support is more important than ever.
To celebrate our connection to the perpetual role of water in our world while raising a glass to the new River Outpost at Riveredge, we invite you to a unique 2020 Farm to Table Dinner evening. Stroll along the river, feast on N'awlins fare and drinks, earn treasures through your philanthropy, and enjoy the sounds of live Louisiana-inspired Jazz.
The Farm to Table Dinner takes place rain-or-shine! We encourage participants to have personal social distancing rain tents handy (umbrellas) and to bring a raincoat, otherwise we will have umbrellas on-hand that you can have.
NEW RIVER OUTPOST
LIVE JAZZ MUSIC
A RIVERSIDE FEAST
Join us for a socially-distant evening along the river trail and the new River Outpost courtyard. Enjoy a “wandering dining experience” amongst the forest and river, and sip on craft beverages while you rove and relax along the banks of the Bayou (errr... the Milwaukee River).
Experience the music of Brass Knuckles Brass Quintet and Phil Hway's Seasonings of Jazz.
Then, get ready to laugh out loud and raise your paddle as you out bid your neighbors for one-of-a-kind experiences in the live auction!
Attire is casual and comfortable. If the New Orleans style is calling you, dig out your eclectic hats, feather boas, and nature-themed masks to accessorize on the Bayou.
|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS|
|4:30pm||Parking/Shuttle/Registration||Parking will be at the Visitor Center. Hay wagon shuttles with socially distant seating will take you down to the River Outpost. A limited number of handicap accessible parking will be available with golf cart shuttles to the event space. Please contact us at 262-375-2715 if you require one.|
|5:00-6:30pm||Food/Music/Stations Open||Make sure to get here early to get the most out of the Louisiana-style live jazz music, food, and drink stations! Dispersed seating areas will be spread along the trail. Silent auction stations with online bidding available. Wandering is encouraged along the half-mile (round trip) trail!|
|6:30-7:00pm||Program & Live Auction||The live auction will take place in the open air courtyard at the River Outpost. In person guests will be asked to wear face coverings during this time or access the auction online.|
|7:00pm||Wrap Up/Shuttles/Check Out||Shuttles will be available to head back to the main parking lot. Divide your group and conquer to shuttle the driver(s) to the parking lot while others check out and pick up your winning auction items.|
$125 per person
- Dinner served at stations along the river trail.
- Our menu will feature the very best cajun-style comfort food and produce from the Riveredge Organic Garden.
- Complimentary beer and wine will be provided.
GROUP OF 8
$1,000 per party of 8
- Gather a group of eight and explore the riverside together.
BAYOU @ HOME
$75 per guest
- An option to bring the excitement, celebration, and entertainment of the Farm-to-Table Dinner to your own home while supporting the mission of Riveredge.
- Receive a box of cajun-themed fun and virtual access to the auctions and evening program.
$1,500 party of 8
- 8 tickets for employees, guests, and stakeholders.
- Logo/name recognition before and at event.
- Riveredge Business Partner membership
|IN PERSON MENU|
|STATION 1||STATION 2|
|Gulf Shrimp Creole Corn Fritter with Creole sauce||Muffuletta and Fresh Fried Potato Chips with Roasted Onion Dip|
|Vegan & Gluten Free Option:||Vegan & Gluten Free Option:|
|Trinity Vegetable Fritter with Pepper Coulis||Creole Vegetable Sandwich (gluten free bread available)|
|STATION 3||STATION 4|
Cajun Oyster – Chargrilled oysters basted with roasted garlic-herb butter
|Gumbo with chicken, sausage, and seafood over steamed rice|
Raw oysters on the half shell with lemon, tabasco and horseradish
|VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE Gumbo option|
|Garlic bread (VEGETARIAN)|
|DESSERT STATION 2|
|DESSERT STATION 1||Beignets|
|Banana Fosters over custard/ice cream (VEGETARIAN)||VEGAN & GLUTEN FREE Beignet option available|
BAYOU @ HOME
$75 per person
- Ingredients and video directions to create a New Orleans-inspired gumbo and drinks at home.
- A bit of Bayou culture.
- A Riveredge special treat.
- Virtual access to live and silent auctions as well as the evening program.
- Boxes will be hand-delivered to guests residing in southeastern Wisconsin. Guests residing farther away (even in Louisiana!) should contact Riveredge for delivery options.
COVID-19 SAFETY PRACTICES and DISCLAIMER
Components of this year’s Farm to Table Dinner have been changed to address social distancing and health recommendations related to COVID-19.
If the local situation changes drastically, additional modifications may be necessary. All guests will be kept informed of any adjustments via email.
- The number of in-person attendees to the Farm to Table Dinner will be limited. We’re presently assessing and measuring our spaces to ensure the number of guests that can attend while having plenty of space for distancing.
- Unsure about your comfort level about going out in public right now? That’s ok! This is a hybrid in-person/at home event with a virtual "at home" option as well. Join us from the comfort of your living room or backyard!
- This year the Farm to Table Dinner is spread out across about 300 yards of outdoor, open-air trails with plenty of space to enjoy the revelry of the people in your company.
- Attendees will roam along the Milwaukee River to various food, drink, and activity spaces for the vast majority of time; not overall sitting in the immediate company of others. This year a traditional sit-down meal as in previous years will not take place as it has in years past.
- Let’s have fun with masks - how creative will yours be? Everyone will be required to have a mask with them at the event and to wear the mask when social distancing is not possible: standing in line, passing others on the trails, et cetera. Of course, we also realize that this is an impossibility while eating and drinking. Both standing and seated locations for eating and drinking will be dispersed throughout the entire area.
- Compostable plates, utensils, and cups will be used for each food and drink station.
- Wearing masks is requested while watching and participating in the program & live auction. Guests will be spread out in an open air courtyard with appropriate space for social distancing. We anticipate this portion of the evening lasting 30 minutes.