- This event has passed.
Riveredge Adventure Challenge
August 28, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Paddle the pond, sing a silly song, and jump around at the first ever: Riveredge Adventure Challenge! Teams of family and friends are invited to complete a 3 mile trek dotted with a string of up to 8 physical and mental, wacky and wet, squishy and silly, fun-filled challenges! Teammates must work together to complete a challenge (task, obstacle, relay, etc.) before advancing to next challenge station. Participants should wear closed toed shoes and be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
Collaboration, communication, and working together will prove to be extremely important skills to finish this adventure challenge! The adventure course and challenges have been tailored to participants ages 8 and above. Although most activities do involve a physical component, some activities may require a large amount of brain power and creativity!
Tips for Adventure Challengers:
- Waves begin every 5 minutes.
- Teams should consist of 4 individuals.
- Pack a change of clothes and maybe a snack to enjoy after the challenge is complete!
- Non-participant observers are welcome to watch from the starting/ending point of the challenge. Please be aware that observers will not be able to view all challenges from the observation zone.
- Parking is free. Water is provided. Memories will be created organically.
Examples of Challenges you may encounter:
- Paddle a canoe with no actual paddles at Heron Pond
- Search for a marshmallow in a kiddy pool full of pudding in Together Trek Woods
- Egg Balancing board walk at Vernal Pond
- I have a family of five or six and we’d like to be a team. Is that possible? If not, how can the extra people in my family participate if we can not make up a second team of four? Differently sized groups are possible but that may mean having to either repeat a challenge or possibly not having the full group participate in each challenge.
- I have a child younger than eight who wants to participate? Our age is limit is a guideline. The day will involve a fast pace, a bit of distance, and some physical challenges that are best suited to kids 8+ and adults. You however are the best judge of your child’s abilities.
Non-Members: $15 per person, $50 for a team of 4
Riveredge Members: $12 per person, $35 for a team of 4