- This event has passed.
Maple Sugarin’ Open House – a Family Party for the Season!
March 22, 2014 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Riveredge’s Open House will take you on a journey through the sugarbush where you will experience the maple sugarin’ season like never before. Along the way, you’ll learn how to tap a maple tree, participate in arts and crafts, enjoy live music and much more. When you reach the evaporator, you’ll see how sap is transformed into syrup and enjoy our famous pancakes and real maple syrup. Refreshments are available for purchase. Pre-registration suggested.
This year’s theme: Pioneers! All the fun this year will focus on the great pioneers who had a much tougher time making maple syrup then we did! Try some pioneer food, try out wooden toys, play pioneer-themed games, make necklaces with sumac, stir cooking sap in the giant kettle, haul buckets with a yoke, bring home a branded ‘tree cookie,’ and more!
Fee: Adult $10, 10 & under $5, Members: Adult $5, 10 & under $4
Tips for 1st Time Participants:
- You may arrive anytime between 10 am and 2 pm.
- Strongly consider registering online prior to your arrival – this will save you time when you arrive.
- We recommend you allow two hours to be able to participate in all the activities.
- Check in and parking is at the nature center.
- A shuttle bus will take you from the nature center down the road (it’s only about a mile) to the sugar bush. A shuttle bus will return you to the nature center and parking lot after you are complete. The buses will run throughout the event.
- Dress warm! You’ll be outside the entire time. We’ll have multiple campfires where you can warm your fingers and toes.
- All participants get a pancake with a pickle & Riveredge’s homemade maple syrup. Don’t forget to visit the Sugar Inn to get yours!
- Additional food will be available for purchase.
- We have a band – so the area around the Sugar Inn is a real party atmosphere! Come to have fun!
- The gift store in the nature center has lots of maple sugarin’ season items including Riveredge’s own homemade maple syrup and pancake mix.
- Don’t forget about the rest of Riveredge – you are welcome to hike, explore, and play at the Natural Play Area while you are here.
[Program or Special Event]
You may register the day of the event, but we REALLY encourage you to register ahead of time. It will save you lots of time when you check in at the nature center for the event.
Thank you to our event sponsors!