- This event has passed.
Little Explorers Playgroup
May 26, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
Let’s gather in the Natural Play Area and share the wonder of nature through outdoor play. We will also venture into forests, fields, ponds and more. Nature sensory bins for babies and exploration tools for older children will be available. Indoor activities will be planned in case of inclement weather.
FEE: Non-members and Trail Pass Members: $5 per child; All Access Members: Free
Playgroup Tips for Families
- Little Explorers is a drop-in style playgroup which allows children to be engaged in unstructured, outdoor play and gives parents a chance to meet other adults. A staff member or volunteer will be available to answer questions, supply equipment, or lead a hike if desired. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Playgroup will be canceled if there is a risk of severe weather. Watch the website for updates.
- Any age is welcome to attend playgroup. Our average age range is 2-5 years old, but everyone benefits when there are children of all ages.
- Our yard is stroller friendly near our play area. If we choose to go on a hike, we will also choose trails which are stroller friendly.
What to Bring:
- Both parents and children should be dressed for the weather. This might include: rain pants, rain coat, waterproof boots, hat, mittens, snow pants, thermal underwear, and wear anything which can get dirty
- Extra change of clothes for each child (can be left in the car)
- Snack and water bottle (optional, but strongly recommended)