- This event has passed.
May 17, 2014 @ 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
Riveredge’s watery worlds are bursting with life in May! Join Riveredge Naturalists and search for frogs, tadpoles, salamanders and other creatures that live in our wetlands. Get a close up look at live reptiles and amphibians and learn more about their fascinating lives. Learn how to identify frogs by their calls, play an amphibian themed game and more. Bring the whole family for all or part of the program; you won’t want to miss this special celebration of spring! Dress for the weather and don’t forget your boots. Pre-registration suggested; required for groups.
Fee: Adults $7, Children $5; All Access and Trail Pass Members: Adults $5, Children $4
Tips for first timers
- Check in and parking is at the nature center.
- Pre-register online and get to the frogs faster!
- A Riveredge naturalist will guide you through the watery frog world.
- Although you may come any time between 12:30 – 3:30 pm, we recommend arriving by 1 pm if possible. This will allow you plenty of time to explore all the stations and be assigned to a naturalist who will make sure you see and do all there is at Frog Fest!
- If you’re particularly enthusiastic in your frog-hunting, you just might get wet. Bring a change of clothes.
- Yes, you’ll get to touch a frog! They begin to hide after the first hour, but don’t worry, we corral a handful so everyone has fun.
- Frog Fest t-shirts will be for sale in the gift shop 🙂
- It’s a great event for the whole family –see you at Farm Pond!
[Program or Special Event]
All participants (adults and children) must register. All Access Members, please register so that we can get an accurate head count.