- This event has passed.
Fall Family Festival!
October 17, 2015 @ 4:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Crisp fall weather, bats gliding through the night, and fields filled with pumpkins can only mean one thing… It’s the perfect time for a Fall Festival! Bring family and friends alike to enjoy an adventurous evening of seasonal activities. Our annual scarecrow building contest will start the evening off and lead into pumpkin carving, a night hike, star gazing, and a crackling campfire.
Enjoy the sensations of the seasons at Riveredge this Fall! This Fall evening festival starts at 4:00pm, continues after nightfall and is set up so families can come and go as they please. Our adventure is rain or moon shine, so dress for the weather.
Event includes one scare crow entry and one pumpkin per family.
Pre-registration is required.
Non-members: $10.00 per adult, 10 & under $5.00
Trail Pass Members: $5.00 per adult, 10 & under $4.00
All Access Members: Free
Registration is full!
Tips for 1st Time Participants:
- You may arrive anytime between 4:00-8:00pm.
- Pre-registration is required. We will not be able to accommodate walk-in participants.
- Check in and parking is at the main Visitor Center.
- Dress warm! You’ll be outside for a majority of the evening. We’ll have a campfire where you can warm your fingers and toes towards the end of the evening.
- All participants get one organic Riveredge Pumpkin to carve during the event. Additional pumpkins will be available for purchase. ($5.00 a piece)
- This event does not include a meal for dinner. Pack your own fall family picnic! There will be light refreshments (popcorn and warm beverages). Indoor and outdoor picnic options will be available.
- Scarecrow building contest participants are welcome to bring materials to build their scarecrows with on site. Riveredge will supply building materials as well.
- Don’t forget about the rest of Riveredge – you are welcome to hike, explore, and play in the Children’s Natural Play Area while you are here.
Scarecrow building contest (4:00-5:30pm)
Use your own materials or some of ours! Scarecrows will be judged after 5:30pm in 5 categories: most creative, most colorful, best theme, best grab-bag scarecrow, and most eco-friendly!
Pack your own Picnic (5:30-6:00pm)
Spiced apple sauce, pumpkin pie, acorn squash, warm chili?!? Whatever you pack for this festive picnic you are welcome to devour before evening activities continue.
Carving up a Good Time with Riveredge Grown Pumpkins! (6:00-6:45pm)
Each family will receive one pumpkin to carve. You bring the creativity and magic, Riveredge will do the clean up! Extra pumpkins will be available for purchase.
Up all Night! Live Owl Program by Pineview Wildlife Center (7:00-7:40pm)
Gather round as we observe an animal that rules the night. Learn about owl adaptations with an expert from Pineview Wildlife Rehab Center.
Night Hike & Campfire (7:45-8:30pm)
Explore the nocturnal world of the prairie and forest to see whoooo is calling, fluttering, and prowling around in the night. During the hike you will test your night vision- so leave your flashlights at home! Complete the evening by listening to seasonal stories while roasting marshmallows around the campfire.