- This event has passed.
Earth Day Work and Learn 2015
April 25, 2015 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
Join the Riveredge staff in activities that promote the health of our community and planet. You can help prepare the beds and plant cool weather crops in the organic garden, participate in a prairie burn (weather dependent) and/or work as a habitat healer and conduct grounds clean up and invasive species eradication. There are many opportunities for groups, families and individuals of all ages to get involved. Please call Director of Volunteer Resources, Pat Fox-Schindler, if you plan to help (262)375-2715.
Benefits to Participating!
- We’ll be handing out free oak seedlings to all that are interested thanks to Living Lands & Waters Million Trees Project in partnership with Milwaukee’s Argosy Foundation.
- Everyone gets a free spaghetti lunch at noon with desert and coffee provided by Starbucks.
- You feel good helping the environment, helping the Riveredge community, and enjoying time outside!
- You’ll have lots of fun – we promise!
Things to Remember:
- Check in at the nature center where you can pick your project
- Dress in layers
- Wear older clothes – or ones that are okay to get dirty
- Bring along some work gloves, if you have them
- Come prepared to feel great about giving back!