We love our pups, and we know you love yours too! While we must normally limit dog access at Riveredge to protect the sanctuary’s sensitive native plant and animal life, we wanted to offer you one day a year where your dog can be a “Riveredge Kid” too!
That’s right- we’re opening up some of our pristine nature trails for man’s best friend to enjoy! Show your pups a piece of nature and enjoy a family hike through our beautiful restored wild Wisconsin sanctuary. It’s guaranteed to be a pawesome day for the whole family. Come for all or part of the day, no need to show up right at 9 AM. Please feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy!
Humans pay the normal trail fee: $4 for non-members older than 12, $2 for non-members 12 and under. As always, members can use the trails for free.
All dogs are $5 (each) for the day. You can register and pay when you arrive.
We want to make sure this event is safe and fun for everyone, including all participating dogs and our native species, so please keep in mind some important reminders for this day of doggie delight:
- All dogs must be on a leash at all times on the property. Leashes cannot exceed six feet and should not be retractable. Please make sure you are strict in following this rule- the only times your dog should be off leash at this event is in your vehicle or if you are specifically given the okay by staff for an activity.
- Keep on the designated paths. Sensitive plants and animals make their home at Riveredge, and can be very easily disturbed or destroyed without precautions. Do not allow dogs to chase wildlife or dig up plants, and swimming is prohibited in ponds, streams, or rivers on property unless they are specifically designated.
- All dogs must be licensed and up to date on their rabies, distemper, and bordetella vaccinations. If any incidents occur, you must be able to provide proof of these vaccinations in a reasonable time.
- Clean up after your own dog. We will have poop bags on hand.
- Dogs are not allowed in any buildings on the property. If you need to come inside, please make sure someone in your party can hold the dogs outside or let one of our volunteers stationed at the doors hold them for you.
- Event staff have the right to refuse entry to any dog. Safety is our number one priority, so please use your best judgement- if your dog is aggressive with other dogs or people, is a female in heat, or has other factors that may not make them the best fit for an event like this, please keep them at home.