- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT: 50th Concert Series: Chicken Wire Empire & The Freques
October 5, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Turning 50 has got us feeling ready to boogie! So in celebration of Riveredge Nature Center’s 50th Anniversary in 2018, we’re throwing a FREE two-part concert series, concluding with a very special bluegrass getdown featuring Chicken Wire Empire. This Milwaukee based band has caught fire since their founding in 2014, becoming one of the hottest bands in the Midwest with their blend of bluegrass and roots bringing the party and the feels. Come experience the Chicken Wire Empire magic all while surrounded by the magic of Riveredge’s 379 acres of wild Wisconsin! West Bend based openers The Freques will get the party started right with their soulful American folk roots music!
Tomorrow is the day! You’ve all been patiently waiting for updates, we know (thank you)! As much as we’ve all been looking forward to enjoying these great bands outdoors, Mother Nature is keeping us honest this time (we like to think we have a good relationship with her, most of the time).
The good news?
The show will go on! However, with rain in the forecast for most of the evening, we’ve made the decision to move the show inside Riveredge’s historic barn (it will still be an AWESOME show in a beautiful venue).
Food (brats, burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, nachos, and sides) and beverages (beer, wine, soda, water, and hot chocolate) will still be available for purchase, so come hungry! No carry ins, please!
The bad news?
Unfortunately, we’ll now have limited space and therefore need to be able to control the total number of tickets. While many people have already expressed interest by reserving your free tickets for the outdoor show, you’ll now have to reserve official tickets for the indoor show (still free). Sadly, to ensure everyone can still have a fantastic experience, these new required tickets will be limited to the first 180 people to respond (limit 4 tickets/person). If you’re planning to join us, you must RSVP here (but only do so if you’re coming for sure– don’t hog all the fun: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chicken-wire-empire-and-the-fr…. Once they are gone, they’re gone!
Due to the smaller crowd, everyone should now be able to park at the main Riveredge campus and the shuttle from Fireman’s Park in Newburg will no longer be provided.
Free will donations will be collected at the door– please consider making a donation to support Riveredge’s mission to connect the community with the natural world. All donations received during the show will support environmental education for hundreds of schools who visit Riveredge from throughout southeastern Wisconsin each year. Show the community love!
While we will be able to take cards at the concession tables and at our special Riveredge store booth (stop by for 50th Anniversary items, Riveredge grown produce, and lots more!), we highly recommend you bring cash if at all possible. Not only does cash help keep lines moving much faster for you and everyone else, but we’ll also have a special cash-only raffle and be accepting donations for those interested in helping support Riveredge’s 50th Anniversary. (We, unfortunately, do not have an ATM on site.)
6 PM – Doors open. Food and beverage open for purchase at Riveredge.
6:30 PM – The Freques open the show.
7 PM – Chicken Wire Empire performs!
Things To Know
- We’ll have food (brats, burgers, hot dogs, veggie burgers, nachos, and sides) and beverages (beer, wine, soda, water) available for purchase, so come hungry and thirsty! No carry-ins, please.
- Seating will be on the lawn surrounded by Riveredge’s ponds, prairies, and swaying trees so definitely feel free to bring a blanket or yard chair with you!
- All ages are welcome and this should be a great time for the whole family! We will have beer and wine for purchase in addition to non-alcoholic beverages, so those 21 and older interested in partaking should be sure to bring a photo ID.
- Parking will be available at Riveredge’s main parking lot on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- This concert is totally free to attend, we just ask that you RSVP by grabbing a free ticket to attend at the link below. There are significant costs to putting on a free celebration like this, so if you have a good time, donations at the event to Riveredge are much appreciated. Thank you!
We think that’s all the important stuff! If you have any questions not answered here, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 262-375-2715. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing many of you for a wonderful night of music from Chicken Wire Empire and The Freques!