We’re so glad you’ll be joining us for another incredible year of the River Valley Ride on Sunday, June 24! Here are some important updates to keep in mind before the big day!
- Parking: A reminder that all parking and the start of all routes take place at Fireman’s Park in Newburg (508 Main St, Newburg, WI 53090), right down the road from Riveredge. All routes do end at Riveredge for the picnic and afterparty, so you will need to pedal the 1.4 miles back to the park after you’re done celebrating OR new this year– a shuttle will be available for one person per party to return to Fireman’s Park and bring the car back to the loading zone in the parking lot.
- Riders will need to pick up a ride packet that includes your t-shirt, ride map, and perhaps most importantly, your wristband that will get you the lunch included with your registration. Packets are now available for early pick-up! Stop in Riveredge’s nature center (4458 County Rd Y, Saukville, WI) weekdays from 8 AM to 4:30 or Saturday’s from 9 to 5 PM. Of course, you can also pick yours up the morning of the ride (starting at 6:30 AM- unfortunately we can not open registration earlier than that, so if you’re itching to go super early, please plan on picking up the packet ahead of time.)
- When checking in and picking up your ride packet all you’ll need to give is your name- no need to bring any tickets or receipt.
- Recommended start times vary on which route length you are choosing to ride. Recommended start times are as follows:
- Route Maps: there’ll be a copy of the route map in your ride packet, but if you’d like an earlier peek, click here for a PDF copy. We’ve also got the routes available digitally on Map My Ride, for those hi-tech riders. Check out the bike ride page on our website, and underneath each route description, find a link to the appropriate Map My Ride. Please note: routes do occasionally need to be changed slightly to detour around unexpected construction or the like. Stay tuned for any final updates closer to the race.
- Member Thank You: As a special thank you to our wonderful members, we’ve got some great gifts for you. If you’re a Riveredge member, please stop by the membership booth at the after party for some special thank you’s.
- It’s better with friends: If you haven’t already, we’d be super grateful if you could share the ride with your friends and family who might be interested in joining! We’re a small nonprofit putting on a big ride, so all the help in getting the word out for this great day of fun (and one of Riveredge’s biggest fundraisers of the year!) is hugely appreciated.
- Safety Reminders: Your safety is our biggest concern! It is very important to remember that the River Valley Bike Ride is not a race and the routes/roads are not closed. That means you’ll be sharing the roads with vehicles, so rules of the road must be observed and single file riding is required. We’ll have intersections marked for you, but most will not be guarded. Major intersections will be manned by route monitors, so please observe traffic monitors’ directions. Emergency repair and pre-ride bike safety checks are offered at the start and at all the rest stops. Helmets are required. Thanks for helping us make this a safe and enjoyable ride for everyone!
- Have a blast: The motto of the River Valley Ride is “Enjoying The Journey And The Destination”. The routes are designed to show off the best the area has to offer, so slow down, enjoy the view, and cherish time with an awesome community of riders. After all, it’s a ride, not a race!
Other Questions? How can we help?
Please let us know any other questions you have! We’re happy to help! We can be reached by phone at 262-375-2715 or by email at email@example.com!
We can’t wait for an amazing day!