Update: Our first two hunt times have SOLD OUT. Limited spots remain for the 1:30 PM hunt but will only be available until midnight tonight (Friday, March 30) at the link below or until they also sell out. In order to ensure we have the correct number of eggs and prizes prepared for hunters, NO WALK-IN SPOTS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR ANY HUNT. Thanks for understanding and helping make this a hopping good day for all!
Join us for the most naturally fun family egg hunt around! Each child will venture out to search high and low for hidden eggs on Riveredge’s beautiful sanctuary. The best part? This is a candy-free hunt and small prizes will be awarded to all participants. With three different start times, 9:30 AM, 11 AM and 1:30 PM there’s options for all schedules!
After the hunt, discover the wonders of Wisconsin’s egg-laying animals and meet some barnyard friends! You’ll also have the opportunity to color eggs using natural dyes to take home with you!
This event is sure to be a blast for the whole family! To ensure the hunt is enjoyable and fair for everyone, children will be divided according to age (up to 10 years old) and bag limits (10 eggs per child) will be set.
This event completely sells out each year, so pre-registration is required, and we highly recommend signing up as soon as possible to save a spot!
Cost: Non-members: $7 per child; All Riveredge members: $5 per child
Cancellation Policy: Registrant will be refunded 75% of registration fee if cancellation occurs up to 7 days (1 week) before the program. Any cancellations within 7 days of the program will not be refunded unless the program is cancelled by Riveredge staff.
Tips for a great experience!
- Check in and parking is at main building of the Nature Center.
- We ask families to help keep our Egg Hunt green by making an effort to bring your own basket/bag for egg collecting, be sure to recycle plastic eggs at Riveredge where bins are located, and consider carpooling with friends!
- A Riveredge Naturalist will guide each age level to their hunt location.
- Age groups are as follows: ages 0-2, ages 3-4, ages 5-7, ages 8-10
- Families are encouraged to arrive 10-15 minutes before their registered hike time. All hunts will begin on time as scheduled. Remember- the early bird gets the worm!
- Please dress for the weather! Hunts will take children to the forest and the prairie and will require them to look both high and low.
- Friendly Farm animals including chickens, goats, and a rabbit will be present for everyone’s enjoyment. Don’t miss these springtime animals!
- Popcorn & Lemonade will be complimentary. Other Spring Time goodies will be available for purchase!