Riveredge’s Maple Sugarin’ Festival will take you on a journey through the sugarbush where you will experience the maple sugarin’ season like never before. Along the way, you’ll learn how to tap a maple tree, observe live demonstrations, participate in hands-on activities, enjoy music, games, and so much more! When you reach the evaporator, you’ll see how sap is transformed into syrup and enjoy one of our our famous pancakes and 100% pure Riveredge maple syrup. Lunch & refreshments are available for purchase (including a special serving from The Fermentorium for the “kids at heart”).
Festival activities will include:
- Tree tapping treks
- Historical legends and experiences including Native American Sugarin’, Pioneer Sugarin’ Techniques, and the Legend Tree
- A live blacksmith/branding demo (brand your own tree cookie to take home with you!)
- Animals of Riveredge scavenger hunt quest
- Syrup tasting
- Indoor crafts and games to warm up to
- Face painting
- A visit from the Riveredge Sugar Dragon?!
- Lunch hour refreshments for purchase
- And for the big kids, don’t miss our friends at The Fermentorium pouring their Never Frown Brown Ale served specially with real Riveredge maple syrup!
Cost: Non-Member: $10 per person | Trail Pass Members: $6 per person | All-Access Members: FREE!
Cancellation Policy: Registrant will be refunded 75% of registration fee if cancellation occurs up to 7 days (1 week) before the event. Any cancellations within 7 days of the event will not be refunded unless the event is cancelled by Riveredge staff.
Tips for a Sweet Experience:
- All sugarin’ experiences, registration, and parking start at our main Visitor Center building. We’ll have shuttles throughout the event to transport you down to the sugarbush and back.
- Walk-in registration will be available at the center from 10 AM to 2 PM. Pre-registration can still be made online until Saturday night- pre-registered participants will have a separate check-in line that often moves much faster than those who are registering day-of (all you’ll need to do is give us your name).
- We like to call maple sugarin’ the “fifth season” because it’s the perfect transition point between winter and spring. That also means, however, conditions are highly variable from day to day, even amongst different spots at Riveredge on the same day. Some trails may be muddy with melted snow while others may still have small patches of ice. We reccomend dressing in layers and making sure you have shoes that can both get wet and give you good traction!
- The event is designed to be a festival style experience where you can move at your own pace and in any order between stations so you can come anytime between 10 AM and 2 PM. The event runs until 3 PM, but we reccomend AT LEAST an hour to see all the stations (at a bare minimum).
- All participants get a pancake with a pickle & Riveredge’s homemade maple syrup. Don’t forget to visit the Sugar Shack to get yours! Additional lunch and food options will be available for purchase.
- There is a small store at our Sugar Shack with tasty treats for purchase from barbecue sauce, to 100% maple candy, and of course Riveredge’s maple syrup. Please note that these purchases can be made with Cash Only.
- The Fermentorium will be on site serving local beer for those 21 and older. ID required. Cash purchases for beer only!