Riveredge’s Maple Sugarin’ Festival will take you on a journey through the sugarbush where you will experience the maple sugarin’ season like never before. Along the way, you’ll learn how to tap a maple tree, observe live demonstrations, participate in hands-on activities, enjoy music, games, and so much more! When you reach the evaporator, you’ll see how sap is transformed into syrup and enjoy our famous pancakes and 100% pure Riveredge maple syrup. Lunch & refreshments are available for purchase (including a special serving from The Fermentorium for the “kids at heart”).
Festival activities will include:
- Tree tapping treks
- Historical legends and experiences including Native American Sugarin’, Pioneer Sugarin’ Techniques, and the Legend Tree
- A live blacksmith/branding demo (brand your own tree cookie to take home with you!)
- Animals of Riveredge scavenger hunt quest
- Syrup tasting
- Indoor crafts and games to warm up to
- Face painting
- Make your own pancake mix
- A visit from the Riveredge Sugar Dragon?!
- Lunch hour refreshments for purchase
- And for the big kids, don’t miss our friends at The Fermentorium pouring their Never Frown Brown Ale served specially with real Riveredge maple syrup!
Cost: Non-Member: $10 per person | Trail Pass Members: $6 per person | All-Access Members: FREE!
Cancellation Policy: Registrant will be refunded 75% of registration fee if cancellation occurs up to 7 days (1 week) before the event. Any cancellations within 7 days of the event will not be refunded unless the event is cancelled by Riveredge staff.
Tips for a Sweet Experience:
- Please note- all hikes and sugarin’ experiences start at our Main Building. Parking is available in our main lot and along Singing Hill Road but prohibited along HWY Y.
- Each participant will have an opportunity to taste sumac berries, maple sugar, and a piping hot organic pancake with 100% Riveredge maple syrup. Unfortunately, we do not have food allergy substitutes for those with sensitivities to dairy, eggs, nuts, and gluten.
- Sugarin’ season weather can be unpredictable! Please dress accordingly for an outdoor adventure. Programs will go on in spite of weather conditions.
- There is a small store at our Sugar Shack with tasty treats for purchase from barbecue sauce, to 100% maple candy, and of course Riveredge’s maple syrup. Please note that these purchases can be made with Cash Only.
- The Fermentorium will be on site serving local beer for those 21 and older. ID required. Cash purchases for beer only!